Overall Objective of the Programme
This programme aims to identify and develop the next generation of system leadership talent and will provide experienced leaders across Our Dorset with protected space to develop skills and behaviours associated with a collaborative style of leadership, alongside driving complex STP change projects.
Who this programme is for
Applicants are likely to be Heads of Service with an interest in developing their skills in leading across boundaries – between organisations, places or sectors. System Leadership development is particulalrly helpful when:
- You are dealing with large and seemingly intractable problems
- You need to juggle multiple uncertainties
- No one person or organisation can find or implement the solution on their own
- You need to involve as many peoples energies, ideas, talents and expertise as possible
How it’s delivered
It uses a blended learning approach of practical tools and techniques, application, reflection and evaluation, developing new perspectives and skills as well as sharing experience and solving problems together.
Benefits of attending
- Gain knowledge of models and frameworks that support a more collaborative style of leadership
- Practice & develop strategies to help overcome the real system challenges in a safe environment
- Gain an understanding of different Organisational perspectives from other participants
- Have the opportunity to participate in a local network and action learning set with other NHS and social care leaders from across the Dorset system.