- Equip a professionally diverse group of leaders with the skills and knowledge to support them to become successful integrated care change agents and confidently carrying out complex system roles
- Enable leaders across a system to come together to develop a positive, shared vision for the future
- Promote frequent personal contact between leaders across the system
- Develop leaders across the system to identify and resolve conflicts in a safe environment
- Encourage leaders across the system to work with each other in ways that are potentially Unfamiliar and sharing of knowledge and resource.
Who this programme is for
Applicants will be front-line leaders from a range of health and social care providers across Dorset. They should be working on integration and transformation plans across organisational boundaries for the benefit of improving health and care services aligned to delivery of Dorset’s STP.
How it’s delivered
It uses a blended learning approach of practical tools and techniques, application, reflection and evaluation, developing new perspectives and skills as well as sharing experience and solving problems together.
What does the course involve?
The programme will be modular with three one-day workshops with 4-8 weeks between. Participants will be asked to identify a personal case study – a relevant, live scenario or situation to consider and apply the learning to throughout each module. There will be some light reading and reflective pre-work before each workshop to ensure the sessions are kept as practical and experiential as possible. It is very much a practical and experiential programme that offers a safe space to practice with different approaches and aims to challenge thinking and offer new ideas and methods whilst firmly staying rooted in the participants own reality.
Benefits of attending
- Gain knowledge of models and frameworks that support a more collaborative style of leadership
- Practice & develop strategies to help overcome the real system challenges in a safe environment
- Gain an understanding of different Organisational perspectives from other participants
- Have the opportunity to participate in a local network and action learning set with other NHS and social care leaders from across the Dorset system.