TALBOT MEDICAL CENTRE
Address: 63 Kinson Road, Wallisdown, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH10 4BX
Part-time Advanced Nurse Practitioner required for busy well-run practice in Bournemouth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our great primary care team to provide additional capacity to meet ever growing demand and increased list size.
We are looking for an autonomous practitioner working independently of and in conjunction with other health care professionals to assess, diagnose and treat the conditions of patients attending within primary care initiating direct referrals as appropriate whilst acting within their professional boundaries. They will demonstrate safe, clinical decision-making and expert care for patients within the general practice.
We are a practice that is one the largest in Bournemouth which is situated over three sites; one of which is on Talbot Campus at Bournemouth University, providing a further range of medical care for that young population, operating out of purpose-built premises. We are also part of the now mature North Bournemouth Primary Care Network, consisting of four practices covering 54,000 patients with all the benefits that this can bring, such as in-house pharmacists, first contact physio, social prescribers etc.
- Salary based on Band 8a for applicants with prescribing qualifications.
- 6-8 sessions per week based on 4 hours per session.
- Monday – Friday normal working hours, though need to be flexible to offer out of hours work where required, e.g. flu, COVID vaccinations etc.
- Both acute and routine work
- Student health as part of the workload gives clinical variety.
- Ongoing support for training and personal development needs
- Clinical meetings once a month to which all clinical staff are invited.
- NHS pension
- On-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Friendly well run practice with many long serving staff.
- Ethos of fairness and equality of workload
- An opportunity to work in Dorset with all its wonderful scenery and opportunities for hobbies such as sailing, windsurfing, cycling etc.
- NMC – required
- PG Dip/MSc or equivalent
- Prescribing certificate – preferred for a Band 8a role.
To view Person Specification, Click Here
To view Job Description, Click Here
Closing Date: 31 January 2022
If you would like to discuss any of the above details in more detail, or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Judith Young (Practice Manager) on 01202 636403 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Also visit our website at www.talbotmedicalcentre.co.uk