QUALIFIED ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER (ANP) / ADVANCED PARAMEDIC PRACTITIONER (APP) POSITION (Full-Time)
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Poole Bay & Bournemouth Primary Care Network (PCN) for an Advanced Clinical Practitioner (Nursing or AHP background) to join the Primary Care environment that is constantly evolving, dynamic and transformational.
The position is for a full-time post (37.5hrs/week).
We are looking for committed, driven and compassionate individuals to support our clinical teams delivering urgent/same day care to patients registered at Winton Health Centre (BH9 1BP) and Westbourne Medical Centre (BH4 9HJ).
We are a successful 30 000 patients Primary Care Network with member practices located close to the sea in between Bournemouth and Poole. Our list of patients is steadily growing. We have a fantastic clinical team of doctors, advanced nurse practitioners, clinical pharmacist, MSK specialist, nurses and HCAs. We pride ourselves in the exceptional level of continuity of care offered to our patients and we constantly strive to innovate and improve our services and ways of working. We score consistently highly in QOF and patient satisfaction and have been rated as good in all areas by CQC.
Desired skills and Personal qualities
- Registered Advanced Nurse Practitioner with the NMC (Nursing and Midwifery Council) or a qualified paramedic registered with the HCPC (Health and Care Professionals Council) or other relevant body.
- 2+ years proven record of acting as a registered nurse /paramedic practitioner / urgent care practitioner.
- Independent/extended Nurse/Paramedic Prescribing qualification. As an independent prescriber, you will be responsible for safely prescribing medication to complement treatment plans for a range of medical conditions.
- Background of working in a fast-paced Primary Health Care or acute environments is essential.
- Experience in dealing with a wide range of minor ailments
- Expected to practice autonomously, carrying out in-depth clinical assessment of patients, formulating clinical decisions and treatment pans within local guidelines/policy to manage multiple complex healthcare needs both acute and chronic.
- Ability to manage conflicting work priorities in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to deal effectively with both patients and members of staff
- Excellent IT skills, SystmOne knowledge desirable but not essential.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Participate in the development of services and assists the implementation of change
- Can do and positive attitude
- Hold a valid UK Driver’s License (essential)
- Cost coverage of an Enhanced DBS at time of appointment.
- Excellent induction and ongoing training opportunities (both internal and external)
- Free On-Site parking
- Flexible working pattern to suit work / home (working hours between 8am – 8pm); possible working during the weekend.
- NHS Pension or Nest Pension
- Contractual Sick Pay
- Blue Light Card employee benefit scheme, with retail discounts offered across thousands of stores.
- Internal reward & recognition scheme
- 25 days annual leave – pro-rata with additional 1 day of annual leave on each year of completed service until total of 30 days annual leave (pro rata).
You are welcome to call Amannda Grubb on 01202 635810 for an informal and confidential chat about the position or to arrange a visit to the surgery.
We will advertise until a suitable candidate is found. Closing date: Friday, 29 July 2022
Applicants can send CV’s to: Winton.email@example.com