Gillingham Medical Practice is a thriving practice with six GP Partners, providing high quality primary healthcare to a geographically extensive rural population of over 12,950 patients. We are innovative and forward-thinking, and like to work collaboratively with our team and external partners to provide the best possible care to our patients.
Our team of Patient Services Administrators provide a vital first point of contact for our patients.
Main duties of the job
This is a very demanding role and we do require a flexible and proactive attitude with the ability to cover for additional hours that will arise during particularly busy periods or to allow for holiday cover.
Excellent customer service skills and an empathetic approach are vital for this role. A good working knowledge of IT and proficient keyboard skills are important, as well as the ability to keep calm under pressure. Training will be given on our clinical systems, and we have an established and effective induction process.
Gillingham Medical Practice is an equal opportunities employer, and will not discriminate on the grounds of disability, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion or similar belief, or age.
The role is a key position, being first point of call to all patients and visitors. You will be working as part of a small team ensuring that the reception runs smoothly.
This varied role requires the following skills:
– Advising patients of test results
– Registering new patients
– Photocopying, scanning and filing of records
– Answering all incoming calls from patients on a daily basis
– Dealing with any requests from patients face to face
– Issuing prescriptions
– Possess excellent communication skills, both spoken and written
– Have a good understanding of Microsoft office, to include Word
– Have the ability to maintain confidentiality and data security
– Possess some experience within a medical or NHS environment (not essential)
– Have the ability to adapt and manage workload dependent on the priority level
– Possess experience within a customer facing role.
Salary: £9.50 per hour, rising to £10.10 per hour after a successful probation period.
Monday 8.30am – 6.30pm (1 hour for lunch)
Friday 8.30am – 6.30pm (1 hour for lunch)
Total working hours: 18
BUT MUST BE ABLE TO COVER HOLIDAYS
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent Mathematics & English (C or above)
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- The ability to adapt and prioritise according to workload and demand
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- Friendly and approachable, with the ability to work as part of a team and liaise appropriately with other professionals
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and data security
- Flexibility to work shifts (from 0800-1830) and to provide cover for holidays and sickness
- Some experience within a medical environment, and with customer service
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Gillingham Medical Practice