South Coast Medical Group is an award-winning NHS Primary Care Home, comprising five GP surgery locations in the Bournemouth general area and serving over 30,000 patients in total.
Crescent Providence Surgery, our founding Practice, has been rated Outstanding by CQC.
By working at scale, we are better able to promote health and provide for the differing needs of the communities of local people and a balanced workload for our staff. It also enables us to employ a significant multi-disciplinary team including Pharmacists, Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Paramedics (for pre-assessment screening and home visits) all of whom reduce the clinical workload for GPs.
SCMG is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We have exciting opportunities for a Receptionist/Administrator to join our team at The Marine Surgery in Southbourne. This is a part time position, 17 hours per week, Thursday and Friday 08:00am – 18:00pm (1 hour unpaid lunch).
This role will include receiving, assisting and directing patients in accessing the appropriate service of healthcare professional within the Surgery in a courteous and effective way. You will also provide general assistance to the Surgery team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone. You will assist with registration of new patients using computer data entry. You will also answer all telephone calls to the Surgery redirecting calls as required.
Facilitate effective communication between patients, members the primary health care team, secondary care and other associated healthcare agencies
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the Practice
- Prepare consulting rooms for surgery and tidying them afterwards.
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make new and follow-up appointments.
- Inform patients if the surgery is running late
- Using your own judgment and communication skills ensure that patients with no prior appointment but who need urgent consultation are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner.
- Taking messages and passing on information as required, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery.
- Record all telephone messages and their timing in the allocated book
- Notify District Nurses of all visit requests and messages
- Email notification of deaths to all Practice team
- Explain Practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover and ensure procedures are completed.
- Enter requests for home visits onto the computer, ensuring careful recording of all relevant details and where necessary refer to Duty Doctor.
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the Practice including the provision of secretarial and clerical support to clinical staff and other members of the Practice team
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way
You should have practical experience of working with others and ideally experience of working within a medical environment. You should also have experience of working with computerised recording systems and possess excellence IT skills. We also require people who have a proactive, friendly, empathetic and organised approach and are able to maintain confidentiality.
Our vision is: Be the best provider in healthcare, education and training for our local communities.
- Parking available at each site
- NHS Pension or Nest Pension
- Up to 25 days annual leave
- BH Live Centres Corporate discount
- Access to Health Service Discounts online, where hundreds of well-known brands offer various discounts to NHS employees.
To apply please email Hayley Hamblin, firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, specifying the job you are interested in.