Gillingham Medical Practice
Closing date: 19 June 2022
This is an exciting opportunity for a Long Term Conditions Nurse to join Gillingham Medical Practice. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Respiratory Nurse to take an active role in our team, providing high quality care to our 12,950 patients.
The role is will be focussed on COPD and Asthma, reviewing a wide age range of patients and their respiratory health, managing acute and chronic needs.
In addition there is potential for general treatment room duties.
We have a wide range of staff and excellent working relationships within our Primary Care Network, including with the community, Dorset HealthCare, and our patients. There are therefore ample opportunities to pursue areas of interest and development.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be experienced in:
- Asthma disease management (Diploma desired but not essential if willing to undertake training)
- Peak Flow Readings/ Spirometry
- COPD management and clinics within limits of training and in conjunction with GPs (Diploma desired by not essential if willing to undertake training)
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Assist in and perform routine tasks related to patient care as directed by senior staff and GPs
- Wound care/ ulcer care/ Doppler
- Venepuncture, ECG’s and Hypertension Management
- Routine/Childhood/Travel immunisations
- Removal of sutures/clips
The right candidate will be:
- calm under pressure
- able to work as part as a team
- able to take initiative and work autonomously when required
- committed to providing excellent patient care at all times
- willing to be flexible and go the extra mile when needed
- keen to develop new skills and ways of working
We are a friendly, high-performing semi-rural GP Practice in North Dorset, within easy reach of the A30 and A303.
We have six GP Partners and a wide range of other members of the team, including management, Salaried GPs, Advanced Practitioners, Nurses, HCAs, and excellent admin support. Through our Primary Care Network, we have access to First Contact Physiotherapy, a Clinical Pharmacist, and a growing and ground breaking Social Prescribing team. We actively involve our patients as much as possible, through our Patient Participation Group and via our Health Champions.
We prioritise excellent patient care, but also focus on work: life balance and being family friendly. Many of the leadership team have young children, which makes us even more attuned to the challenges of balancing vocations and families.
We are based over two sites in Gillingham, The Barn and Peacemarsh Surgeries.
Job description: click here
Further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews for this post:
Thursday 30th June at Peacemarsh Surgery