Talbot Medical Centre
TALBOT MEDICAL CENTRE
Address: 63 Kinson Road, Wallisdown, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH10 4BX
Part-time salaried GP required for busy well-run practice in Bournemouth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our great primary care team to provide additional capacity to meet ever growing demand and increased list size. We can offer:
- A practice of 9 GP partners, 5 salarieds and 4 GP Registrars servicing 25,000 patients across the conurbation of Bournemouth and Poole using TPP SystmOne.
- A high earning, well run and friendly practice with a commitment to trust and support each other to share our workload fairly in order to assist our patients to achieve their best health.
- Current CQC rating of good; consistently high QOF points
- A practice that is one the largest in Bournemouth which is situated over three sites; one of which is on Talbot Campus at Bournemouth University, providing a further range of medical care for that population, operating out of purpose-built premises.
- A practice that is part of the now mature North Bournemouth Primary Care Network, consisting of four practices covering 54,000 patients with all the benefits that this can bring, such as in-house pharmacists, first contact physiotherapist, social prescribers, mental health workers etc.
- An elderly population less than the national average; chronic diseases slightly less than the national average where age as an indicator. Just under half of the patient population being under 25.
- A varied practice area, with some pockets of deprivation but also some areas of greater wealth.
- A practice that has been training GPRs, F2s and Southampton medical students for over 40 years and which has 4 trainers within the practice. All doctors within the practice are committed to training the future workforce such that we are also hosting pre-registration pharmacists and physician’s associates.
- Long term loyal staff, many of whom have been with the practice over 20 years and all the benefits that a stable platform like this brings.
- Ongoing support for training and personal development needs including LARC etc. training. The practice holds clinical meetings once a month to which all clinical staff are invited, as well as weekly GP/manager meetings at which clinical items can also be discussed.
- A practice that is innovative yet traditional, providing the best clinical care for its patients near their home.
- An opportunity to work in Dorset with all its wonderful scenery and opportunities for hobbies such as sailing, windsurfing, cycling etc.
- Cycle to work scheme & on-site parking at all three sites.
- Salary negotiable based on experience.
Click here for the job description
If you would like to discuss any of the above details in more detail, or to arrange an informal visit, please contact Judith Young (Practice Manager) on 01202 636403 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Also visit our website at www.talbotmedicalcentre.co.uk
Talbot Medical Centre
63 Kinson Road, Wallisdown, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH10 4BX
THINKING OF MAKING THE MOVE?
Careers in Dorset offer so much more!