Posted: 1 year ago
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust
£13.12 to £16.12 per hour
At Dorset HealthCare we’re on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We’re a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We like to do things differently here – it’s one of the reasons the CQC rated us ‘outstanding’ in 2019. It’s also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you’re looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, a vibrant urban location, thriving seaside spot, or the among the rolling hills of a stunning rural setting, there are a lot of ways you can make a difference in our local communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future – we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We’re an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you’ll be part of a strong team. You’ll challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don’t know. And you’ll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.
If you are looking for work that suits your lifestyle and needs, becoming a Dorset HealthCare Bank Worker could be right for you.
Bank workers work flexibly to fill short term staffing shortages within the teams in our organisation. You may be required to work at any time often with not very much notice.
Completing work for the Trust Bank offers you the flexibility of working now and then or for longer; whatever is right for you. We offer a wide range of roles in a variety of locations throughout Dorset.
You can choose the location and shift patterns that suit you and your family needs and commitments. Depending on your experience we can offer you roles within both physical and mental health settings. With our online and smart phone app you can manage your own bookings.
As well as competitive rates of pay you’ll be eligible for many of the benefits offered to substantive staff. These include:
- Access to the NHS pension scheme
- An NHS badge entitling you to many NHS benefits
- Unsocial hours enhancements (where applicable)
- Paid annual leave as a percentage of work completed
- Monthly or weekly pay – your choice!
- A comprehensive induction and ongoing mandatory training
The Trust Bank Admin Team will fully support you from your offer of a bank agreement to booking your first shift.
What do we need from you?
- A current NMC registration
- A minimum of 12 months post registration experience
- A minimum of three shifts per month
- Completion and passing of the Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression (PMVA) course if you want to work within a mental health environment. (please see link)
- Relevant experience if you want to work in a community team (either CMHT for mental health or with DN’s or Community Nursing for RN’s)
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of.
Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check.
You will be required to undertake a Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression course and it is a condition of your employment that you successfully complete all aspects of this course; if this is not achieved you will not be able to commence working in the post.
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Trust Bank
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
What working for us will provide:
- 27 days of annual leave, rising to 33 over ten years
- Excellent NHS pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing services
- Flexible working options, including family-friendly hours
- Free training and one-to-one career coaching to reach your career goals
- Preceptorship programme for newly qualified nurses and AHPs
- Access to nine staff networks – have a voice and transform our Trust
- Relocation costs where applicable
- Salary sacrifice scheme opportunities – including childcare vouchers, car lease and cycle scheme, home technology equipment, and buying and selling annual leave
- NHS discounts to save on your shopping, gym membership and more
Visit our careers website to learn more about our culture, staff stories, benefits, development programmes and opportunities.
What you need to do:
Before applying for this post, please do ensure that you have read the job description and person specification requirements. If you think you have everything we're looking for, then we'd love to hear from you, alternatively if you would like more information about the role please do not hesitate to contact us.
After applying via NHS Jobs your application will be imported into our preferred third party recruitment system, TRAC. All information about your application will come from apps.trac.jobs. You won’t be able to track progress of your application or receive messages through NHS Jobs. By applying for this post you are agreeing to Dorset HealthCare transferring the information contained in the application to Trac and accept a privacy notice under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Applicants who require sponsorship to work in the United Kingdom (UK) are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. Please note that from January 2021, to work in the UK candidates who are not UK or Republic of Ireland (RoI) nationals require sponsorship unless you have permission to work via another route. Further guidance can be found on the gov.uk website.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 2022-04-14