Posted: 1 week ago
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
£18,005 - £19,337 pa pr
Fixed term (12 Months)
Join us at this very exciting time as Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals have just merged into the University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
We have ambitious plans to develop our sites, making even better use of our combined resources to serve our population most effectively.
You will now be one of the first new employees of University Hospitals Dorset and you will be taking up the many opportunities that Dorset has to offer in the way of a rewarding work life balance.
We are located within an area of amazing beauty which includes opportunities to drive, walk, run, swim or cycle in the New Forest , in the Purbecks, along miles of golden beaches and the Jurassic coastline. Bournemouth is a vibrant university town with a wide selection of restaurants and cafes; theatres, cinemas and sporting activities and Poole attracts many visitors, has a large natural harbour and is perfect for water sports or relaxing at a quayside restaurant.
Transport links are excellent with Bournemouth International airport, Cross-channel ferry terminals at Poole and direct train access to London.
Please note all staff being recruited are expected to be available to work flexibly across our new Trust sites when service demands require it.
Receptionist Administrator: Part time 15 hours per week
Our busy Emergency and Urgent Treatment Care Department is currently seeking a Part Time Night Emergency Administrator/Receptionist. The administration and reception team provide vital support to our patients and clinical staff. If you have good communication skills, work well under pressure, have good clerical and keyboard skills and enjoy working in a team environment, are motivated and very flexible in your working patterns; then we would like to hear from you.
The post holder will be expected to work flexibly over various shifts between the hours of 20:00-08:00, the period will include weekends and Bank Holidays as part of a rolling rota. To cover annual leave, lieu days and sickness and to be aware the service we provide is for 365 days a year.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Good IT skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Manage own workload whilst effectively prioritising tasks
- Ability to work within a demanding environment, demonstrating a confident approach to difficult situations
- Excellent team player with good communication skills
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust Poole, Emergency Department is the major trauma centre for East Dorset with around 70,000 attendances per year. There are twelve consultants providing clinical leadership to the department. In addition there is a nursing team which includes a number of nurse practitioners. The Reception team consists of 30 individuals split between nights and days.
The Clinical, Medical and Administration team work closely to provide patient care 24/7.
PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION:
- What personal qualities/attributes do you have that you feel will be beneficial to this post?
- Give details of where you have worked with members of the general public together with an example of when you have demonstrated good customer care and relation skills
- Describe a confrontational situation you have experienced. How did you deal with the situation and what was the outcome?
Answers should be typed into the Supporting Information section of your application form. Please limit your answers to 150 words per question. If you fail to answer the supporting questions above, your application will NOT proceed to the shortlisting stage.
Please note: if this job requires you to have a DBS check to enable you to properly fulfil the requirements of the job, on appointment you will be required to repay the cost of obtaining a DBS check and this amount will be reclaimed from your salary.
Closing date: 07/03/2021
Provisional interview date: week commencing: 22/03/2021
For further details / informal visits contact:
Lorraine Austin (Reception Manager)
Tel: 0300 019 8627
Please note that this advert may be removed before the end date if sufficient applications are received.
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
- You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly.
- If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful this time.
- If you join us and need a DBS check we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost
- Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
- If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
- You will be joining a newly merged Trust and some Policies and local Terms and Conditions that apply to you will be confirmed in the coming months.
- In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us.
- Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
- Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
- Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 07/03/2021
Interview Date: 22/03/2021
Approved Mental Health Professional (37 hours per week) (Wimborne)
£36,922 to £42,821