Posted: 1 month ago
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
£38,890 - £44,503 pa pr
Join us at this very exciting time as Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals have just merged into the University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
We have ambitious plans to develop our sites, making even better use of our combined resources to serve our population most effectively.
You will now be one of the first new employees of University Hospitals Dorset and you will be taking up the many opportunities that Dorset has to offer in the way of a rewarding work life balance.
We are located within an area of amazing beauty which includes opportunities to drive, walk, run, swim or cycle in the New Forest , in the Purbecks, along miles of golden beaches and the Jurassic coastline. Bournemouth is a vibrant university town with a wide selection of restaurants and cafes; theatres, cinemas and sporting activities and Poole attracts many visitors, has a large natural harbour and is perfect for water sports or relaxing at a quayside restaurant.
Transport links are excellent with Bournemouth International airport, Cross-channel ferry terminals at Poole and direct train access to London.
Please note all staff being recruited are expected to be available to work flexibly across our new Trust sites when service demands require it.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our friendly Breast CNS team at Poole Hospital for a Band 7 MacMillan Breast Clinical Nurse Specialist. We are looking for an experienced and motivated cancer nurse to lead the team as well as support patients through the diagnostic and treatment pathways for breast cancer.
You will be accessible and available to give advice and clinical experience to health professionals and patients on the breast pathway ensuring patients receive the appropriate care at the right time and decisions about care are not delayed and that patients are visible in their clinical pathways. You will work autonomously managing a patient case load, conducting your own clinics as well as working closely with and being supported by the MDT, providing high quality care that complies with cancer standards.
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust, formed by the recent merger of Poole, the Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trusts. The appointee will be required to lead and deliver a comprehensive breast care nursing service. Although the post will initially be based on the Poole site, the appointee will be expected to work on both sites.
Please note: if this job requires you to have a DBS check to enable you to properly fulfil the requirements of the job, on appointment you will be required to repay the cost of obtaining a DBS check and this amount will be reclaimed from your salary.
Closing date: 26/03/2021
Provisional interview date week commencing: 12/04/2021
For further details / informal visits contact:
NameCaroline MacPhersonJob titleBreast Nurse SpecialistEmail addressCaroline.Macpherson@uhd.nhs.ukTelephone number0300 019 2861Additional contact information
Please contact a member of the Breast Cancer nurse specialist team for further information or to arrange an informal visit. Contact number: 0300 019 2861 or alternatively email Caroline.Macpherson@uhd.nhs.uk
Please note that this advert may be removed before the end date if sufficient applications are received.
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
- You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly.
- If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful this time.
- If you join us and need a DBS check we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost
- Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
- If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
- You will be joining a newly merged Trust and some Policies and local Terms and Conditions that apply to you will be confirmed in the coming months.
- In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us.
- Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
- Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
- Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 26/03/2021