Posted: 1 month ago
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
£19,737 - £21,142
Join us at this very exciting time as Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals have just merged into the University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
We have ambitious plans to develop our sites, making even better use of our combined resources to serve our population most effectively.
You will now be one of the first new employees of University Hospitals Dorset and you will be taking up the many opportunities that Dorset has to offer in the way of a rewarding work life balance.
We are located within an area of amazing beauty which includes opportunities to drive, walk, run, swim or cycle in the New Forest , in the Purbecks, along miles of golden beaches and the Jurassic coastline. Bournemouth is a vibrant university town with a wide selection of restaurants and cafes; theatres, cinemas and sporting activities and Poole attracts many visitors, has a large natural harbour and is perfect for water sports or relaxing at a quayside restaurant.
Transport links are excellent with Bournemouth International airport, Cross-channel ferry terminals at Poole and direct train access to London.
Please note all staff being recruited are expected to be available to work flexibly across our new Trust sites when service demands require it.
The Surgical Clinical Care Group Elective Admissions Office is looking for motivated individuals with excellent communication, administration and clerical skills. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential requirements together with the ability to work to tight deadlines in a busy office environment.
The work is varied and demanding and constantly changes to meet the needs of the service.
If you feel you have the necessary aptitude and can contribute to our Elective Admissions Team we would like to hear from you.
The Elective admissions office is responsible for the smooth admission of all planned surgical, medical and Oncology patients (children and adults) to Poole Hospital.
This is a busy and demanding role and requires dedication and a flair for dealing with members of the public, senior medical staff and all health care professionals.
The office is open 5 days a week from 07.00 -18.00 - so flexibility is required as necessary. Full and part time positions are available.
Closing Date - 26/03/2021
For further details / informal visits contact:
NameSandra TalbotJob titleElective Admissions CoordinatorEmail email@example.comTelephone number0300 019 8130Additional contact information
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com fi you would like to discuss this post or arrange an informal visit
Please note that this advert may be removed before the end date if sufficient applications are received.
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
- You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly.
- If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful this time.
- If you join us and need a DBS check we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost
- Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
- If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
- You will be joining a newly merged Trust and some Policies and local Terms and Conditions that apply to you will be confirmed in the coming months.
- In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us.
- Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
- Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
- Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 26/03/2021