Multi Skilled Maintenance Craftsman (Electrical)
Posted: 5 days ago
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
£21,892 - £24,157 pa pr. This role also includes a
Join us at this very exciting time as Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals have just merged into the University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
We have ambitious plans to develop our sites, making even better use of our combined resources to serve our population most effectively.
Joining the teams at University Hospitals Dorset you will be taking up the many opportunities that Dorset has to offer in the way of a rewarding work life balance.
We are located within an area of amazing beauty which includes opportunities to drive, walk, run, swim or cycle in the New Forest , in the Purbecks, along miles of golden beaches and the Jurassic coastline. Bournemouth is a vibrant university town with a wide selection of restaurants and cafes; theatres, cinemas and sporting activities and Poole attracts many visitors, has a large natural harbour and is perfect for water sports or relaxing at a quayside restaurant.
Transport links are excellent with Bournemouth International airport, Cross-channel ferry terminals at Poole and direct train access to London.
Please note: all staff being recruited are expected to be available to work flexibly across all our Trust locations when service demands require it.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and flexible Electrical Craftsperson to join our Multi-Skilled Estates team.
You will be a keen and motivated team member with a recognised electrical/Building Services Engineering apprenticeship and have post qualification experience within a complex building services environment.
Detailed knowledge and the ability to diagnose and rectify faults in all or some of the following systems would be an advantage:-
- Electrical Distribution,
- Fire Detection,
- Standby Generator Plant,
- Access Control and CCTV,
- Nurse call systems,
- Passenger Lifts,
- Air Tube Conveying Systems and
- Catering Equipment.
You will have a good all round ability and are capable of working on your own initiative to undertake planned and reactive maintenance and general engineering duties.
Please note a full manual driving licence is required for this post.
Please note: if this job requires you to have a DBS check to enable you to properly fulfil the requirements of the job, on appointment you will be required to repay the cost of obtaining a DBS check and this amount will be reclaimed from your salary.
Closing date: 28/06/2021
Provisional interview date: week commencing 12/07/2021
For further information or an informal discussion please contact Ian Arnold, Estates Operations Manager on 0300 019 2423 or Malcolm Wood, Estates Supervisor on 0300 019 2036.
Please note that this advert may be removed before the end date if sufficient applications are received.
We believe that having a diverse workforce, and allowing people to be themselves, is essential in ensuring we offer an inclusive, welcoming and productive place to work.
We especially welcome applications from minority groups in the community who may be underrepresented in our workforce.
At UHD our active staff network groups are Black Asian Minority Ethnic Group (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Network Group (LGBTQ+), European (EU), Pro Ability Staff Network, and the Armed Forces Support Group.
As a Trust we are proudly signed up to the Disability Confident and Armed Forces Covenant guaranteed interview schemes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
- You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account (for medical posts) or Trac account (for non-medical posts) regularly.
- If you join us and need a DBS check we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost
- Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
- If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
- You will be joining a newly merged Trust and some Policies and local Terms and Conditions that apply to you will be confirmed in the coming months.
- In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us.
- Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
- Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
- Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 2021-06-28
Interview Date: 12/07/2021