Posted: 4 months ago
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
£18,546 - £19,918 pa/pro rata
We recently went into partnership with Bournemouth University and, with the merger of Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospital NHS Foundation Trusts, became University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust this is a really exciting time to join us!
Our ambitious multi-million pound plans to develop our sites are well underway, including developing RBH as the major acute and emergency hospital in East Dorset, PH as the major planned care hospital, and ambitious plans for Christchurch to support on-going patient treatment.
Joining UHD gives you the opportunity to enjoy all that Dorset has to offer. Bournemouth is a vibrant university town , and Poole has a large natural harbour and is perfect for water sports or relaxing at a quayside restaurant.
With both the New Forest and Isle of Purbeck on our doorstep, over 7 miles of stunning sandy beaches and coastal paths, we are located within an area of amazing beauty providing a great place for you to achieve your rewarding work life balance.
The Emergency Department Radiography Assistant (RDA) works in the ED x-ray Department undertaking various roles. Their main duties are:
1. Assisting patients prepare for their examination.
2. Porter patients on trolleys and in wheelchairs from the Emergency Department to the Emergency X-ray rooms.
3. Explain x-ray examinations to patients, requiring empathy as some patients may be anxious, distressed and in significant pain.
4. Performing basic nursing duties and care of the patient including dealing with bodily fluids, i.e. assisting patients with vomit bowls and bedpans, etc.
5. Inputting and accessing data into the department computer systems such as the Radiology Information system (RIS), EPR blood result system and the electronic portering system (TMS).
6. Ensure the X-ray rooms are clean and prepared ready for the next examination and stock levels are maintained.
7. Liaison with other wards, departments and staff members to arrange patient examinations, etc.
8. Assisting patients on and off beds from both wheel chairs and trolleys, following appropriate manual handling training.
You will be working closely with Radiographers and other Emergency Department Staff. A basic knowledge of nursing, or experience in a caring profession, would be an advantage but full training will be provided.
Part-Time Shift Position (10.5 Hours per week )
The Part-Time shift rotation is as follows:
• Week 1 – Monday – Thursday 6.00pm - 10.30pm
• Week 2 – Friday – Sunday 6.00pm - 10.30pm
• Week 3 – Week off
In addition to the above working days the successful candidate will be expected to volunteer for additional duties to assist in covering annual leave and sickness.
Base Location: Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Interview Date: 2nd May 2022
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name Paul List
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number 0300 019 4497
Additional contact information
We believe that having a diverse workforce, and allowing people to be themselves, is essential in ensuring we offer an inclusive, welcoming and productive place to work.
We especially welcome applications from minority groups in the community who may be underrepresented in our workforce.
At UHD our active staff network groups are Black Asian Minority Ethnic Group (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Network Group (LGBTQ+), European (EU), Pro Ability Staff Network, and the Armed Forces Support Group.
As a Trust we are proudly signed up to the Disability Confident and Armed Forces Covenant guaranteed interview schemes.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment at this time, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated.
Staff recruited are expected to be available to work flexibly across all our Trust locations when service demands require it.
This advert may be closed early if sufficient applications are received.
Internal Candidates: staff employed prior to merger who voluntarily change jobs will be appointed to UHD terms and conditions.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 2022-04-14
Interview Date: 02/05/2022
Bank Medicines Management Technician, Band 5 & Bank Clinical Pharmaci
13.12 to £16.12 (Band 5) / £20.48 to £23.44 (Band