Speech and Language Therapy
Posted: 5 days ago
Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
£30,401 - £37,267 pa
‘Providing the excellent care that we would expect for our own families’
Join the HSJ 2018 Highly Commended Trust of the year, to deliver our vision to more than 500,000 people across Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch. Currently The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (RBCH) includes Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Christchurch Hospital and a Sterile Services Department at Alderney Hospital.
It’s a very exciting time here in Dorset with a recent review kick-starting major improvements to the way healthcare is provided. Among which is the proposed merge with fellow acute hospital Poole Hospital. Our Joint CEO Debbie Fleming is passionate about our collective goal to create a new organisation that is even better, and change how we deliver care in a way that will improve services and deliver better outcomes
Are you a HCPC registered Speech and Language Therapist who is craving a diverse and varied role? Do you want to be part of a Trust who care for their staff and place value in supporting their development?
Great – we have the role for you! Our Speech and Language team is looking to recruit a therapist to a rotational post, which will see you work as part of the NeuroSMART team, on the Stroke Unit and in the community with our Stroke Early Supported Discharge (ESD) Team. You will also rotate into our Acute Speech and Language Therapy team covering Older Peoples’ Medicine, Critical Care, ED and Respiratory. Each area has the collective goal of supporting patients to communicate effectively, eat and drink safely and promote a timely and safe discharge from hospital.
As a new member of the team we need you to be passionate about providing excellent care, flexible with weekend work, and highly motivated. You should also have experience working with dysphagia and communication impairments in an acute hospital.
In return for your skills and expertise, you will have access to a variety of benefits including health and wellbeing support, videofluoroscopy clinics and other career development opportunities. You will become part of a thriving supportive large team – there’ll even be a baking competition or two!
We hope to see your application soon.
Interview Date: TBC
For further details / informal visits contact:
Caroline Bagnall, Neuro Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapists on 01202 704032
Charlotte Gordon or Helen Parker, Acute Clinical Lead Speech and Language Therapists on 01202 704437
Why join us? Not only do we offer an excellent service to our patients, we also work hard to support our staff and ensure they feel valued and supported. Every day, we value great team work, improving and adapting, communicating well and taking pride in what we do for patients. We also enjoy a great place to live on the south cost, from award winning beaches to beautiful views!
Advert may be removed before the end date if applicant numbers are high.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
1. Please show us that you are right for this job by relating your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
2. You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application is unsuccessful this time.
3. If you join us and need a DBS check, we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost (dependent on your banding) currently £48.43. Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
4. If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
5. The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
6. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
7. Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
8. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 21/10/2019