Speech and Language Therapy
Posted: 6 days ago
Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
£30,401 - £37,267 pa
‘Providing the excellent care that we would expect for our own families’
Join us and help us deliver this vision to more than 500,000 people across Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch. The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (RBCH) includes Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Christchurch Hospital and a Sterile Services Department at Alderney Hospital.
Here on the south coast we enjoy a great place to live and a friendly and caring place to work. Every day, we value great team work, improving and adapting, communicating well and taking pride in what we do for patients.
This is an exciting time for our staff, following a recent review of healthcare services in Dorset which will see major changes to the way healthcare is provided in our region. As one of the two acute NHS providers in the east of the county, our services will be closely linked to those provided at Poole Hospital. We’re working in close collaboration to deliver excellent emergency and planned care over the two sites, for the people of east Dorset.
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated therapist who is looking to join a supportive team? Come and join the dynamic inpatient Speech and language therapy (SALT) team here at RBCH
What makes RBCH special?
At Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch hospital we believe in valuing our staff, which is why we won the award of “Best employer for staff recognition” 2018.
This excellent role will see you rotate across the Neurotherapy service, Acute medical wards and Older Person’s Medicine service. The Acute service covers critical care, gastroenterology, respiratory and the frailty pathway. We are well integrated within the multidisciplinary team consisting of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, therapy assistants and nursing staff. We run a weekly videofluoroscopy clinic.
Who are you?
You are motivated by providing the best patient care possible; you are a highly skilled and dedicated therapist who is keen to further develop their specialist skills.
What we can offer you?
Here at RBCH, we believe in caring for our staff, as much as they care for the patients. You will have access to training opportunities, effective supervision and specialism rotational options & integrated work.
Interview Date: Wednesday 7th of August
For further details / informal visits contact:
Caroline Bagnall, Neuro Clinical Specialist Speech and Language Therapists on 01202 704032
Charlotte Gordon or Helen Parker, Acute Clinical Lead Speech and Language Therapists on 01202 704437
Vacancies may be removed before the end date if applicant numbers are high.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
1. Please show us that you are right for this job by relating your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
2. You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application is unsuccessful this time.
3. If you join us and need a DBS check, we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost (dependent on your banding) currently £48.43. Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
4. If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
5. The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
6. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
7. Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
8. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 28/07/2019
Interview Date: 07/08/2019