Therapy - Surgery
Posted: 3 days ago
Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
£30,401 - £37,267 pa/pro
‘Providing the excellent care that we would expect for our own families’
Join the HSJ 2018 Highly Commended Trust of the year, to deliver our vision to more than 500,000 people across Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch. Currently The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (RBCH) includes Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Christchurch Hospital and a Sterile Services Department at Alderney Hospital.
It’s a very exciting time here in Dorset with a recent review kick-starting major improvements to the way healthcare is provided. Among which is the proposed merge with fellow acute hospital Poole Hospital. Our Joint CEO Debbie Fleming is passionate about our collective goal to create a new organisation that is even better, and change how we deliver care in a way that will improve services and deliver better outcomes
Are you looking for a new opportunity to work in Acute Therapy? Are you passionate about providing excellent care for your patients? Then we are looking for you to join our friendly, forward thinking and innovative Acute Therapy Team.
We are seeking a committed and experienced Senior Occupational Therapist to work within our integrated physiotherapy & occupational therapy department, who will ensure the best care for our patient group whilst promoting our Trusts values at all times. Primarily for the surgical/amputee service.
You will be involved in supervising students, Band 5s and Therapy Assistants as well as providing in service training to more junior staff and the MDT, while developing your clinical skills and expertise. You will take on the responsibilities of being a senior team member and assist in service development and profession promotion alongside Clinical Lead Therapists.
You will be based within the Acute Inpatient Team who cover respiratory, critical care, medical & surgical/amputee services. Ensuring best practice and a quality service across the areas we cover as a team are our main objectives and the successful candidate will be included on our 7 day rota to help ensure this.
• A high level of clinical support from experienced senior staff
• A focus on developing staff through regular supervision, annual
values based appraisals and an active in-service programme
• An innovative & forward thinking department and team, with strong
clinical governance support and the opportunity to be involved in
• A friendly, approachable & proactive management structure
• A dynamic and supportive Trust with key visions and aspirations
who give the opportunity for everyone to have a voice.
Closing Date: 22 September 2019
Interview Date: TBC
For further details / informal visits contact:
Lucy Scott (Clinical Lead Occupational Therapist Acute Therapy) on 01202 704403. email@example.com
Why join us? Not only do we offer an excellent service to our patients, we also work hard to support our staff and ensure they feel valued and supported. Every day, we value great team work, improving and adapting, communicating well and taking pride in what we do for patients. We also enjoy a great place to live on the south cost, from award winning beaches to beautiful views!
Advert may be removed before the end date if applicant numbers are high.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
1. Please show us that you are right for this job by relating your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
2. You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application is unsuccessful this time.
3. If you join us and need a DBS check, we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost (dependent on your banding) currently £48.43. Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
4. If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
5. The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
6. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
7. Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
8. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 22/09/2019