Lung Cancer Nurse
Posted: 1 week ago
Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
£28,050 - £36,644 pro rat
‘Providing the excellent care that we would expect for our own families’
Join us and help us deliver this vision to more than 500,000 people across Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch. The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (RBCH) includes Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Christchurch Hospital and a Sterile Services Department at Alderney Hospital.
Here on the south coast we enjoy a great place to live and a friendly and caring place to work. Every day, we value great team work, improving and adapting, communicating well and taking pride in what we do for patients.
This is an exciting time for our staff, following a recent review of healthcare services in Dorset which will see major changes to the way healthcare is provided in our region. As one of the two acute NHS providers in the east of the county, our services will be closely linked to those provided at Poole Hospital. We’re working in close collaboration to deliver excellent emergency and planned care over the two sites, for the people of east Dorset.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new post to be advertised to join the Lung Cancer Nurse Specialist team in developing and improving the Service we provide for our patients. This post is part of a wider project within the Dorset Cancer Partnership implementing the National Optimal Lung Cancer Pathway and supporting the Early Detection and Diagnosis programme
The post holder will be an ambassador for the Dorset Cancer Partnership (DCP), which was set up in 2016 to bring together all partners involved in the commissioning and delivery of cancer services in Dorset. Members of the DCP include cancer patients and carers, Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Dorset HealthCare, NHS Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group and voluntary and community sector organisations.
This Role will primarily be based at Royal Bournemouth Hospital but may include some cross cover working within the Dorset area.
The main aim of this role is to support patients and their families throughout the lung cancer pathway, as well as developing new ways of working to ensure Cancer Waiting Time Targets are achieved. Therefore we are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual who has a passion for Cancer Care. A diverse team-player with excellent communication skills is essential as close working with the dedicated Lung Cancer Multidisciplinary Team is paramount.
Interview Date: 23rd April 2019
For further details / informal visits contact:
Karen Alborough on 01202 704876
Vacancies may be removed before the end date if applicant numbers are high.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
1. Please show us that you are right for this job by relating your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
2. You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application is unsuccessful this time.
3. If you join us and need a DBS check, we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost (dependent on your banding) currently £48.43. Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
4. If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
5. The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
6. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
7. Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
8. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 05/04/2019
Interview Date: 23/04/2019