Older Persons' Medicine
Posted: 1 week ago
Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
£18,813 - £20,795 pa/pro
‘Providing the excellent care that we would expect for our own families’
Join the HSJ 2018 Highly Commended Trust of the year, to deliver our vision to more than 500,000 people across Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch. Currently The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (RBCH) includes Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Christchurch Hospital and a Sterile Services Department at Alderney Hospital.
It’s a very exciting time here in Dorset with a recent review kick-starting major improvements to the way healthcare is provided. Among which is the proposed merge with fellow acute hospital Poole Hospital. Our Joint CEO Debbie Fleming is passionate about our collective goal to create a new organisation that is even better, and change how we deliver care in a way that will improve services and deliver better outcomes
Medical Secretary for Older Persons' Medicine
An exciting position has become available in Older Persons' Medicine for a Band 3 Consultant Secretary Support. The post will be 32.5 hours per week. It will involve a wide range of duties including:
PA and secretarial support to the Older Persons' Medicine Consultants including:
- Diary management, including liaising with Outpatients
- Clinic typing (incl. audio typing)
- Generic typing
- Act as a point of contact
- Answer telephone enquiries from members of the public/patients and staff
- Input information into hospital computer systems and databases
- Provide cross cover support secretarial colleagues
- Manage referrals / RTT / results etc
The post holder must be IT literate and preferably familiar with the hospital computer systems including eCamis, and EPR, previous Medical Secretarial experience is preferable, audio typing skills essential, efficient, a capable communicator, organised, work as part of a team, have the ability to prioritise own workload and maintain discretion and be able to work in a busy environment and part of a wider team.
Interview date: 3rd September 2019
For further details / informal visits contact:
Kristie Colson on 01202 704040/5796, or email Kristie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Why join us? Not only do we offer an excellent service to our patients, we also work hard to support our staff and ensure they feel valued and supported. Every day, we value great team work, improving and adapting, communicating well and taking pride in what we do for patients. We also enjoy a great place to live on the south cost, from award winning beaches to beautiful views!
Advert may be removed before the end date if applicant numbers are high.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
1. Please show us that you are right for this job by relating your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
2. You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application is unsuccessful this time.
3. If you join us and need a DBS check, we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost (dependent on your banding) currently £48.43. Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
4. If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
5. The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
6. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
7. Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
8. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 25/08/2019
Interview Date: 03/09/2019
Head of Department for Nursing Science
Starting salary from £58,089- £61,618
Teenage Cancer Trust Clinical Nurse Specialist
£37,570.00 to £43,772.00 pa pr
Fixed term (12 months)