Posted: 1 week ago
Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
£39,060 - £72,840
Fixed term (12 months)
‘Providing the excellent care that we would expect for our own families’
Join the HSJ 2018 Highly Commended Trust of the year, to deliver our vision to more than 500,000 people across Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch. Currently The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (RBCH) includes Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Christchurch Hospital and a Sterile Services Department at Alderney Hospital.
It’s a very exciting time here in Dorset with a recent review kick-starting major improvements to the way healthcare is provided. Among which is the proposed merge with fellow acute hospital Poole Hospital. Our Joint CEO Debbie Fleming is passionate about our collective goal to create a new organisation that is even better, and change how we deliver care in a way that will improve services and deliver better outcomes
The Royal Bournemouth Hospital is looking for a Specialty Doctor to work in their Emergency Department. The candidate should be someone who has a commitment to Emergency Medicine and a desire to work in a fast-paced and stimulating environment.
Dorset is currently undergoing a major reconfiguration of services with Bournemouth Hospital being proposed by our commissioners as the preferred site in East Dorset for the Major Emergency Centre
The Emergency Department is looking to support this candidate with an excellent developmental & financial package.
we offer a supportive environment to aid individuals in their career progression. We have a proven track record of facilitating multiple previous middle grades onto formal training programmes or to working at Consultant level in Emergency Medicine in this and other hospitals.
Fellowship support & CESR development
Portfolio Maintenance support.
Protected CPD time & teaching programme
We are also able to offer clinical fellow posts for those candidates looking to gain experience outside the ED. This involves a 3 month secondment of the candidate’s choice arranged by and paid for by the ED depending on the individual training needs.
We offer varied attractive range of financial benefits for successful candidates. These include a Flexible starting salary depending on prior experience. A joining bonus and free accommodation for the first 3 months with single flight cost to Bournemouth. Visa costs & IELTS reimbursed once in post.
The successful candidate would be joining a team of motivated Consultants that boast a wide variety of specialist interest. Alongside the Specialty Doctor team, they deliver an excellent standard of care to the local population.
Alongside their medical staffing colleagues this role will be responsible for the initial reception and management of all categories of patients attending the Emergency Department.
He or she will play a major role in the clinical management of different areas of the department, supervising the junior medical and nursing staff, and liaising closely with the department Consultants and other specialties as appropriate.
The hospitals are situated near some of the most beautiful parts of the country. There is easy access to coastal areas and countryside including the New Forest and the Purbeck Hills providing opportunity for a wide variety of leisure activities water sports and a high quality of life. There is an excellent rail and road network and two international airports situated nearby.
For further details / informal visits contact:
ED Medical Staffing Co-ordinator: 01202 704171
Why join us? Not only do we offer an excellent service to our patients, we also work hard to support our staff and ensure they feel valued and supported. Every day, we value great team work, improving and adapting, communicating well and taking pride in what we do for patients. We also enjoy a great place to live on the south cost, from award winning beaches to beautiful views!
Advert may be removed before the end date if applicant numbers are high.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
1. Please show us that you are right for this job by relating your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
2. You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application is unsuccessful this time.
3. If you join us and need a DBS check, we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost (dependent on your banding) currently £48.43. Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
4. If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
5. The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
6. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
7. Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
8. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 15/09/2019