Trauma & Orthopaedic Department
Posted: 2 months ago
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
£82,096 - £110,683
Fixed term (12 Months)
Join us at this very exciting time as Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals have just merged into the University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
We have ambitious plans to develop our sites, making even better use of our combined resources to serve our population most effectively.
You will now be one of the first new employees of University Hospitals Dorset and you will be taking up the many opportunities that Dorset has to offer in the way of a rewarding work life balance.
We are located within an area of amazing beauty which includes opportunities to drive, walk, run, swim or cycle in the New Forest , in the Purbecks, along miles of golden beaches and the Jurassic coastline. Bournemouth is a vibrant university town with a wide selection of restaurants and cafes; theatres, cinemas and sporting activities and Poole attracts many visitors, has a large natural harbour and is perfect for water sports or relaxing at a quayside restaurant.
Transport links are excellent with Bournemouth International airport, Cross-channel ferry terminals at Poole and direct train access to London.
Please note all staff being recruited are expected to be available to work flexibly across our new Trust sites when service demands require it.
University Hospitals Dorset invites applications for the post of Locum Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics (With a specialist interest in Hand Surgery)
This post is offered on the new Consultant contract terms and conditions of service potentially up to 12 months with a view to a permanent post being advertised in the future.
The successful candidate will join our existing team of 18 consultants and it is hoped they will be able to start as soon as possible. This is a full time position with 10 programmed activities with a general orthopaedic on call commitment of 1:10.
The post holder will be expected to work flexibly across different sites with the provision of elective hand surgery at Royal Bournemouth Hospital and general trauma at Poole Hospital.
Applicants should ideally be fellowship trained in Hand Surgery and be on the specialist register.
Informal enquiries are welcome.
For further information or to arrange a visit please contact Professor Robert Middleton, Clinical Director and Consultant Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon via:
Janine Short on 03000192260 or e-mail email@example.com
Please note that this advert may be removed before the end date if sufficient applications are received.
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
- You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly.
- If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful this time.
- If you join us and need a DBS check we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost
- Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
- If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
- You will be joining a newly merged Trust and some Policies and local Terms and Conditions that apply to you will be confirmed in the coming months.
- In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us.
- Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
- Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
- Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 31/03/2021
Deputy Clinical Leader - Emergency Department
Royal Bournemouth Hospital
£31,365 - £37,890 pa/pro rata
Neurology Administration and Typing Support
University Hospitals Dorset, Poole
£18,005 - £19,337 pa pr