General and Acute Medicine, Medicine for the Elderly & Emergency Medicine
Posted: 2 months ago
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
£38,694 plus enhancements specific to the rotation
Fixed term (6,12, 24 & 36 Months)
Join us at this very exciting time as Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals have just merged into the University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
We have ambitious plans to develop our sites, making even better use of our combined resources to serve our population most effectively.
You will now be one of the first new employees of University Hospitals Dorset and you will be taking up the many opportunities that Dorset has to offer in the way of a rewarding work life balance.
We are located within an area of amazing beauty which includes opportunities to drive, walk, run, swim or cycle in the New Forest , in the Purbecks, along miles of golden beaches and the Jurassic coastline. Bournemouth is a vibrant university town with a wide selection of restaurants and cafes; theatres, cinemas and sporting activities and Poole attracts many visitors, has a large natural harbour and is perfect for water sports or relaxing at a quayside restaurant.
Transport links are excellent with Bournemouth International airport, Cross-channel ferry terminals at Poole and direct train access to London.
Please note all staff being recruited are expected to be available to work flexibly across our new Trust sites when service demands require it.
UNIVERSITY HOSPITALS DORSET NHS FOUNDATION TRUST
THE ROYAL BOURNEMOUTH AND CHRISTCHURCH HOSPITALS
ROTATIONAL TRUST DOCTOR (ST1-2 LEVEL)
GENERAL and ACUTE MEDICINE, MEDICINE FOR THE ELDERLY
The post is available either ASAP or from August 2021, contracts available for 6 / 12 / 24 / 36 months.
There are eight specialist teams headed by Consultant Physicians, with members of the junior medical staff supporting each team. These are rotational posts which generally include three specialty placements per rotational year, each being four months in duration for breadth of experience. Rotations can include; Cardiology, Acute Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrine, Gastroenterology, Respiratory, Emergency Medicine, Elderly care and Stroke medicine.
These posts are not recognised training posts however there are excellent teaching and postgraduate facilities. The post holders will be encouraged to attend a wide range of education meetings at lunchtimes throughout the week, and clinical experience will be gained from the Department’s own educational programme. Educational and clinical supervisors will be provided along with access to study leave and funding.
At any one time there is a team of junior doctors drawn from various medical teams who are on the medical take. 26 registrars, 60 SHO’s and 18 F1’s contribute to the medical take with a mixture of long days, weekends and nights.
Pay scale: £38,694 plus enhancements specific to the rotation.
Grades for Trust appointed (non-training) doctors will be paid a basic salary at a nodal pay point linked to the grade, at the rate set out in the National Medical and Dental pay circular. Basic salary detailed above plus any additional remuneration (as applicable) for hours set out in the doctors work schedule (e.g. additional hours, weekend allowance, and any hours which attract enhanced pay)”
For further details / informal visits contact:
Dr T.Raza 01300 019 4435
Please note that this advert may be removed before the end date if sufficient applications are received.
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
- You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly.
- If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful this time.
- If you join us and need a DBS check we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost
- Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
- If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
- You will be joining a newly merged Trust and some Policies and local Terms and Conditions that apply to you will be confirmed in the coming months.
- In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us.
- Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
- Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
- Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 22/03/2021