Posted: 14 hours ago
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
£47,126 - £53,219 pro rata per annum
Join us at this very exciting time - it is a year since Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch sites merged to become University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
Our ambitious plans to develop our sites are well underway, making even better use of our combined resources to serve our population most effectively.
Joining the teams at University Hospitals Dorset you will be taking up the many opportunities that Dorset has to offer in the way of a rewarding work life balance.
We are located within an area of amazing beauty which includes opportunities to drive, walk, run, swim or cycle in the New Forest , in the Purbecks, along miles of golden beaches and the Jurassic coastline. Bournemouth is a vibrant university town with a wide selection of restaurants and cafes; theatres, cinemas and sporting activities and Poole attracts many visitors, has a large natural harbour and is perfect for water sports or relaxing at a quayside restaurant.
Transport links are excellent with Bournemouth International airport, Cross-channel ferry terminals at Poole and direct train access to London.
Please note: all staff being recruited are expected to be available to work flexibly across all our Trust locations when service demands require it.
Band 8a Advanced Specialist Pharmacist – Surgery
With the support of pharmacists and registered technicians, and working closely with clinicians and nurses, you will be:
- Delivering a patient-centred clinical pharmacy service with medicines optimisation at its
- Leading the Pharmacy service on a busy surgical admission unit and wards for elective
surgery including orthopaedics, upper GI, colorectal, urology and ophthalmology.
- Liaison for theatres, anaesthetics and the surgical outpatients department.
What you can expect from us:
- Pharmacy services are well regarded within the Trust and recognised as a key element to
any clinical development.
- Forward thinking: we embrace change and are constantly looking for ways to improve the service.
- We understand the importance of good team working and have strong links with other professions and Bournemouth University.
- We actively support pharmacists in developing the skills needed to integrate into the multidisciplinary team and attend ward rounds.
This is a full time position. Part time hours and job share will also be considered.
Why join us?
Our staff say; “We have a very friendly, welcoming and supportive workforce that helps each other even when we are up against it”, “The job is rewarding. I know my work makes a difference to patient care” and “Feel a sense of community – like everyone is looking out for you”.
The Health & Wellbeing of staff is high on the Trust’s agenda and there is plenty of support. There
are opportunities for flexible working e.g. part-time roles, job sharing. The NHS provides a good
pension and annual leave and bank holiday allowance.
To support seven day working, staff work one late finish per week (closing at 5.30pm), weekend
shifts 1 in 5 (either Saturday or Sunday) and approximately one Bank Holiday shift per year on a
You may be eligible for relocation costs should you be required to relocate. This will assist with
relocation expenses if you live more than 40 miles from the Trust and are already a resident in the
UK. Please ask for further details at interview.
Applicants must be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
The planned interview date is 15thof Nov 2021 but this may be flexible so contact us to discuss. Interviews will be arranged via Microsoft Teams.
For more information or to arrange an informal visit, contact: Alfie Hernandez-Sanchez, Clinical Pharmacy Manager (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 0300 019 4097
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Alfredo Hernandez-Sanchez
Job title: Clinical Pharmacy Manager
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0300 019 4097
Please note that this advert may be removed before the end date if sufficient applications are received.
We believe that having a diverse workforce, and allowing people to be themselves, is essential in ensuring we offer an inclusive, welcoming and productive place to work.
We especially welcome applications from minority groups in the community who may be underrepresented in our workforce.
At UHD our active staff network groups are Black Asian Minority Ethnic Group (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Network Group (LGBTQ+), European (EU), Pro Ability Staff Network, and the Armed Forces Support Group.
As a Trust we are proudly signed up to the Disability Confident and Armed Forces Covenant guaranteed interview schemes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
- You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account (for medical posts) or Trac account (for non-medical posts) regularly.
- If you join us and need a DBS check we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost
- Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
- If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
- You will be joining a newly merged Trust and some Policies and local Terms and Conditions that apply to you will be confirmed in the coming months.
- In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us.
- Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
- Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
- Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 2021-11-07
Interview Date: 15/11/2021