Posted: 1 week ago
Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
£23,023 - £29,608 pa
‘Providing the excellent care that we would expect for our own families’
Join us and help us deliver this vision to more than 500,000 people across Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch. The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (RBCH) includes Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Christchurch Hospital and a Sterile Services Department at Alderney Hospital.
Here on the south coast we enjoy a great place to live and a friendly and caring place to work. Every day, we value great team work, improving and adapting, communicating well and taking pride in what we do for patients.
This is an exciting time for our staff, following a recent review of healthcare services in Dorset which will see major changes to the way healthcare is provided in our region. As one of the two acute NHS providers in the east of the county, our services will be closely linked to those provided at Poole Hospital. We’re working in close collaboration to deliver excellent emergency and planned care over the two sites, for the people of east Dorset.
We are excited to be able to recruit additional trained nurses, full time/part time to support our current bed base. The Surgical Admissions Unit is a fast paced unit that cares for patients from a variety of specialities; including Upper GI, Colo-rectal, Urology, Vascular and Gynaecology and Breast. We are currently expanding our specialist workforce to make us a leading department. We are looking to recruit staff nurses that have the ability to prioritise and multi-task in a busy environment; who are also able to cope with demanding changing of prioritises and also able to adapt to a flexible approach of working.
We take direct admissions from GP, Accident and Emergency and other healthcare professionals. We are a specialist admissions unit and function like the Accident and Emergency Unit.
We are a friendly, dynamic team motivated to deliver a high standard of care with compassion. We are an energetic and enthusiastic team and enjoy what we do. We provide a wide range of training for our staff and take pride in our focus on continuous learning.
Come and join us and be part of our team as we continue to develop patient led services, and nursing roles, that reflect the changes within emergency admissions.
If you are interested in relocating to Bournemouth we offer an excellent relocation package of up to £13,000. For further details on relocation expenses please visit the Trust website or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview date: to be confirmed
For further details / informal visits contact:
Sister Jasmine Toh on email@example.com
Ward 18, Surgical Admissions Unit 01202 726009
Vacancies may be removed before the end date if applicant numbers are high.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
1. Please show us that you are right for this job by relating your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
2. You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application is unsuccessful this time.
3. If you join us and need a DBS check, we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost (dependent on your banding) currently £48.43. Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
4. If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
5. The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
6. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
7. Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
8. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 22/02/2019