Posted: 6 days ago
Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
£24,214 - £30,112 pa/pro rata
‘Providing the excellent care that we would expect for our own families’
Join us and help us deliver this vision to more than 500,000 people across Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch. The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (RBCH) includes Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Christchurch Hospital and a Sterile Services Department at Alderney Hospital.
Here on the south coast we enjoy a great place to live and a friendly and caring place to work. Every day, we value great team work, improving and adapting, communicating well and taking pride in what we do for patients.
This is an exciting time for our staff, following a recent review of healthcare services in Dorset which will see major changes to the way healthcare is provided in our region. As one of the two acute NHS providers in the east of the county, our services will be closely linked to those provided at Poole Hospital. We’re working in close collaboration to deliver excellent emergency and planned care over the two sites, for the people of east Dorset.
The Sandbourne Suite incorporates an Admission Suite and a Day Surgery Unit. The service is currently open Monday to Friday 07:00 - 21:00.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and dynamic Staff Nurse to join the progressive and dedicated Day Surgery Services team at the Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospital for a one year fixed term contract to cover maternity leave, until August 2020.
You will be responsible for admitting and preparing patients for theatre ensuring that local policy is adhered to, caring for patients post-operatively and discharging patients under the nurse led discharge criteria. Once in post, you will be a key stakeholder in the development and expansion of the Day Surgery Service with the ultimate aim of enhancing the patient’s experience.
You will require significant experience within general surgical/orthopaedic nursing; have excellent communication skills and a commitment to maintaining and developing high standards. A friendly and patient-centred approach is vital to this exciting role. Previous experience in a Day Surgery setting is not essential as there is an opportunity for further training in this field.
Interview Date: 2nd July 2019
For further details / informal visits contact:
Sister Sian Williams - 01202-303626 Ex. 5734
Deputy Sister Dianne Leonard - 01202-303626 Ex. 6081
Deputy Sister Lynne Hastings - 01202-303626 Ex.6081
Vacancies may be removed before the end date if applicant numbers are high.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS
1. Please show us that you are right for this job by relating your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
2. You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application is unsuccessful this time.
3. If you join us and need a DBS check, we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost (dependent on your banding) currently £48.43. Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
4. If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
5. The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
6. In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us. Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
7. Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
8. Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 24/06/2019
Interview Date: 02/07/2019