Acute Medical Unit
Posted: 1 month ago
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
£19,737 - £21,142 pa
Join us at this very exciting time as Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals have just merged into the University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
We have ambitious plans to develop our sites, making even better use of our combined resources to serve our population most effectively.
You will now be one of the first new employees of University Hospitals Dorset and you will be taking up the many opportunities that Dorset has to offer in the way of a rewarding work life balance.
We are located within an area of amazing beauty which includes opportunities to drive, walk, run, swim or cycle in the New Forest , in the Purbecks, along miles of golden beaches and the Jurassic coastline. Bournemouth is a vibrant university town with a wide selection of restaurants and cafes; theatres, cinemas and sporting activities and Poole attracts many visitors, has a large natural harbour and is perfect for water sports or relaxing at a quayside restaurant.
Transport links are excellent with Bournemouth International airport, Cross-channel ferry terminals at Poole and direct train access to London.
Please note all staff being recruited are expected to be available to work flexibly across our new Trust sites when service demands require it.
We are looking to recruit dynamic Band 3 HCAs to work within our busy Acute Medical Unit. AMU is a fast paced Unit with a high turnover of patients presenting with various medical illnesses, conditions and needs.
AMU prides itself on its effective team work and will require you to work closely with all members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team. You will be expected to deliver high standards, quality, and individualised patient care around the clock.
You will be working under the supervision of Staff Nurses but also will be expected to work with initiative and independence, assisting in the assessment and evaluation of patients at the point of admission and throughout their stay, carrying out extended skills and performing as role model for more junior staff.
We provide a 24 hour, 365 day service and therefore our shift patterns reflect this. Includes weekends, bank holidays and night shifts, also rotation into the discharge coordinator role to assist in maximising flow throughout the department and working closely with the shift coordinator.
This is a senior HCA band 3 post and offers exciting opportunity for clinical development and service improvement.
All necessary training will be provided.
The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust have now merged into the University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
Base Location: Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Interview Date: 26th March 2021
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name: Tash Kelly
Job title: Sister
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 0300 019 4873
Please note that this advert may be removed before the end date if sufficient applications are received.
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from everyone regardless of ethnicity, disability, gender, age, faith or sexual orientation. We seek to establish a workforce as diverse as the population we serve.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
- You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account regularly.
- If you have not heard from us within 21 days of the closing date we regret that your application has been unsuccessful this time.
- If you join us and need a DBS check we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost
- Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
- If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
- You will be joining a newly merged Trust and some Policies and local Terms and Conditions that apply to you will be confirmed in the coming months.
- In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us.
- Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
- Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
- Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 18/03/2021
Interview Date: 26/03/2021