Capital Projects Management
Posted: 12 hours ago
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
£47,126 - £53,219 pa
Join us at this very exciting time - it is a year since Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch sites merged to become University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
Our ambitious plans to develop our sites are well underway, making even better use of our combined resources to serve our population most effectively.
Joining the teams at University Hospitals Dorset you will be taking up the many opportunities that Dorset has to offer in the way of a rewarding work life balance.
We are located within an area of amazing beauty which includes opportunities to drive, walk, run, swim or cycle in the New Forest , in the Purbecks, along miles of golden beaches and the Jurassic coastline. Bournemouth is a vibrant university town with a wide selection of restaurants and cafes; theatres, cinemas and sporting activities and Poole attracts many visitors, has a large natural harbour and is perfect for water sports or relaxing at a quayside restaurant.
Transport links are excellent with Bournemouth International airport, Cross-channel ferry terminals at Poole and direct train access to London.
Please note: all staff being recruited are expected to be available to work flexibly across all our Trust locations when service demands require it.
This role, reporting to the Head of Estates Capital Development, will be responsible for the delivery of a diverse portfolio of Capital schemes, supporting the Estates' Strategy, from inception to the point of delivery of the completed scheme.
Working closely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders; including clinicians, consultants and contractors, you will ensure that the projects delivered, are innovative, effective and meet high customer expectation. These projects will include backlog maintenance, and capital schemes, new works, reconfiguration and adaptation. Involvement in strategic planning within both the Trust and the wider Dorset ICS.
The department utilises ISO 9001 Quality Management system and you will develop this with the operational estates team. All projects will need to be delivered taking account of the NHS Zero Carbon ambitions, sustainability and low carbon development is a major consideration for UHD and developments will be expected to deliver this agenda.
The successful applicants will need experience of planning and delivering multiple concurrent complex capital investment projects, within the NHS or other large corporation.
You will require excellent solution-based relationship management skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate with contractors, developers, consultants and other stakeholders. You will be professionally qualified in one of the design, construction or surveying disciplines with significant relevant experience.
Excellent understanding of the principles, legislation, relating to maintenance and construction - building regulations, CDM, health and safety, building contracts, BREEAM, HTM, HBN to name a few.
You will be well organised, be able to prioritise many competing demands, with proficient IT skills including the ability to effectively utilise computerised databases and ideally Auto CAD.
If you relish a challenge, want to be a part of delivering the biggest change to NHS services in Dorset in 30 years, and have the necessary skills, enthusiasm and experience. Please get in touch or apply on the NHS Jobs or our Trust website.
Base Location: Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Interview Date: 18/19 November
Previous applicants need not apply
For further details / informal visits contact:
NameRichard CallaghanJob titleHead of Estates Capital DevelopmentEmail addressRichard.Callaghan@uhd.nhs.ukTelephone number0300 019 6380
Please note that this advert may be removed before the end date if sufficient applications are received.
We believe that having a diverse workforce, and allowing people to be themselves, is essential in ensuring we offer an inclusive, welcoming and productive place to work.
We especially welcome applications from minority groups in the community who may be underrepresented in our workforce.
At UHD our active staff network groups are Black Asian Minority Ethnic Group (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Network Group (LGBTQ+), European (EU), Pro Ability Staff Network, and the Armed Forces Support Group.
As a Trust we are proudly signed up to the Disability Confident and Armed Forces Covenant guaranteed interview schemes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
- You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account (for medical posts) or Trac account (for non-medical posts) regularly.
- If you join us and need a DBS check we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost
- Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
- If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
- You will be joining a newly merged Trust and some Policies and local Terms and Conditions that apply to you will be confirmed in the coming months.
- In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us.
- Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
- Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
- Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 2021-11-02
Interview Date: 18/11/2021