Posted: 1 week ago
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust
£18,005 - £19,337 pa
Join us at this very exciting time as Poole Hospital and Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals have just merged into the University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
We have ambitious plans to develop our sites, making even better use of our combined resources to serve our population most effectively.
Joining the teams at University Hospitals Dorset you will be taking up the many opportunities that Dorset has to offer in the way of a rewarding work life balance.
We are located within an area of amazing beauty which includes opportunities to drive, walk, run, swim or cycle in the New Forest , in the Purbecks, along miles of golden beaches and the Jurassic coastline. Bournemouth is a vibrant university town with a wide selection of restaurants and cafes; theatres, cinemas and sporting activities and Poole attracts many visitors, has a large natural harbour and is perfect for water sports or relaxing at a quayside restaurant.
Transport links are excellent with Bournemouth International airport, Cross-channel ferry terminals at Poole and direct train access to London.
Please note: all staff being recruited are expected to be available to work flexibly across all our Trust locations when service demands require it.
The Catering Department based at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital (part of University Hospitals Dorset) is seeking an experienced stores person to complement the existing Team.
The Catering department facilitate a Large Acute Hospital with approximately 600 patients and 4000 staff, on the outskirts of Bournemouth. Meals are provided by the team 7 days a week 365 days a year with a dedicated and hardworking team.
Duties include general stores duties including checking deliveries, weighing of ingredients and issuing to kitchen/departments, picking stock, carry out daily cleans in line with the stores cleaning schedule and delivering trolleys to wards. No experience is required, as full training will be provided.
Working varied shifts, including some weekends and bank holidays, between 06:30 – 16:00hrs.
The successful applicant should have excellent communication skills, a professional and flexible approach, possess flair and imagination and be able to work as part of a team but also to use their own initiative.
What is provided:
Full uniform inc. safety footwear.
Starting salary £18,005 PA plus unsocial hours payments as required.
A generous annual leave package.
Potential for professional development
The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust have now merged into the University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation Trust.
Base Location: Royal Bournemouth Hospital
Interview Date: 7th July 2021
For further details / informal visits contact:
Name Markus Pettit Job title Kitchen Manager Telephone number 0300 019 4010
Please note that this advert may be removed before the end date if sufficient applications are received.
We believe that having a diverse workforce, and allowing people to be themselves, is essential in ensuring we offer an inclusive, welcoming and productive place to work.
We especially welcome applications from minority groups in the community who may be underrepresented in our workforce.
At UHD our active staff network groups are Black Asian Minority Ethnic Group (BAME), Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Network Group (LGBTQ+), European (EU), Pro Ability Staff Network, and the Armed Forces Support Group.
As a Trust we are proudly signed up to the Disability Confident and Armed Forces Covenant guaranteed interview schemes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
- To show us you are right for this job please relate your application to the criteria for the post as detailed in the job description and person specification shown in the right hand column.
- You will find out if you have been shortlisted by checking your email (including junk and spam mail) and NHS jobs account (for medical posts) or Trac account (for non-medical posts) regularly.
- If you join us and need a DBS check we will deduct from your salary all or some of the cost
- Many staff use the DBS update service at a cost of £13.00 p.a. but you need to sign up for this asap via their website.
- If you come with no previous NHS experience, it is usual to appoint to the minimum of the band.
- You will be joining a newly merged Trust and some Policies and local Terms and Conditions that apply to you will be confirmed in the coming months.
- In completing this application you are giving us permission to contact the Home Office/UKBA to establish your immigration status and eligibility to work with us.
- Previous NHS service will be verified with the relevant employers (if relevant).
- Travel expenses are not always payable so please check with HR before you travel.
- Appointment to the post is subject to satisfactory completion of a 6 month probationary period.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Closing Date: 2021-06-25
Interview Date: 07/07/2021