Posted: 1 week ago
Castleman Healthcare Ltd
Castleman Healthcare Ltd, a forward thinking, innovative and friendly group of 12 GP practices working across three Primary Care Networks within Poole North and East Dorset localities are looking to recruit an additional Long Term Conditions Healthcare Assistant to join its current team of Diabetes Nurse Specialist, Respiratory Nurse Special, Long Term Conditions HCA and additional, wider, healthcare professionals supporting the needs of our patient populations.
As a Long Term Conditions HCA your role will focus on patients with Asthma, Diabetes, COPD and Hypertension as well as support the work in each practice across a full range of conditions.
You should be able to work across all three Primary Care Networks within Castleman Healthcare Ltd. to deliver an integrated primary care service in long term conditions, work as part of the wider long-term conditions team, work flexibly to meet the needs of the role as the services develop and communicate effectively across all three Primary Care Networks.
As a Long Term Conditions HCA your main responsibilities will be to:
- Perform spirometry and interpret initial indication of diagnosis at a consistent level whilst undertaking the ARTP qualification by 2021.
- Offer rapid access smoke stop clinics, training to be a Smoke Stop Advisor.
- Train and perform interim oxygen assessments as directed by secondary care.
- Perform diabetic annual review checks to include blood tests, foot checks, and blood pressure.
- Support the ICPCS Long Term Condition deliverables.
- In the course of an HCA’s duties you will also be required to perform:
- Urinalysis and other pathological specimens
- BP machine loan to appropriate patients (as per protocol)
- Recording of ECGs (as per protocol)
As well as other appropriate tasks.
As an HCA in General Practice no statutory nursing qualifications are necessary, but NVQ Level 3 in Care would be advantageous as well as the HCA Care Certificate and previous experience working as an HCA in a GP practice.
For further information, an informal chat or a job description please contact email@example.com.
Closing date 26.7.2020
Reference: Long Term Conditions Healthcare Assistant
Closing Date: 26/07/2020
Team Manager (Permanence) (East, West, Dorchester localities)
Dorchester, East Dorset, West Dorset
£40,760 - £46,433
Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester
£18,005 to £19,337 per annum