Posted: 1 month ago
Job Advert – DPHRMH Personal Assistant/Carer/Support worker
About the Role:
We are looking to for a self-employed Personal Care Assistant to provide support to a lady who has an acquired brain injury and uses a wheelchair. She required support in her home and in the community.
We are looking for a total of 20.5 hours per week, this will be a job share.
Hours are 8am to 10pm Monday, Wednesday Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The remaining hours are by mutual agreement, please advise your availability
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Support with Showering
- Support with dressing in the morning and getting changed ready for bed.
- doing my teeth, skin, feet, nails and hair care and shaving
- Continence management support with catheter and stoma bag
- assist me in taking medication - no medical knowledge required
- undertaking preparation and cooking of meals and drinks
- shopping and/or assisting me with shopping
- filing and mailing my correspondence
- running errands, collecting and carrying things on my behalf
- making and changing beds
- undertaking light household duties such as washing up, laundry, ironing, storing, hoovering, dusting and cleaning
- collection of my prescriptions
- Driving and escorting me to access the community.
- Supporting me to take part in community activities as required.
- assisting me in and out of my car – I can stand and transfer into the vehicle.
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential and knowledge of people having a brain injury is also essential
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Full, valid driving license
- DBS Check will be required
- Legally Able to Work in UK
- Provide evidence of self-employment such as Public Liability Insurance, Terms and Conditions, tax reference number.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not the person you will work for. You will work for the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check. For more information or to discuss the role further, Please send your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Reference: Post Ref: DPHRMH
Closing Date: 2022-06-10