Posted: 1 month ago
Self-Employed Personal Assistant.
Job ref: DPLMNJ
Christchurch, BH23 area.
About the Role:
We are looking for a self-employed Personal Care Assistant to provide support to our Client, who has learning difficulties, suffers with depression and arthritis. The Client requires support with social interaction, help with paperwork and administration. To assist the Client to work towards being independent. The Client enjoys watching TV and listening to music.
We are looking for 4 hours support on a Saturday and PM visits, 30 minutes x 7 days per week, times to be confirmed.
Main Duties will include but not limited to:
- Help Client to make decisions and have control over their day-to-day life
- Help Client to manage and maintain nutrition
- Help Client in Maintaining a habitable home environment
- Help make use of necessary facilities or services in the local community
- Help Client to access and engage in training, education or volunteering
- Help Client to develop and maintain family or other personal relationships
- Previous PA experience in a similar role is essential and knowledge and/or experience of learning disabilities and depression is advantageous
- Must have patience, enjoy socialising and be reliable
- Confident to be directive as and when required
- Full, valid driving license preferred but not essential
- DBS Check will be required
- Legally Able to Work in UK
- Provide evidence of self-employment such as Public Liability Insurance, Terms and Conditions, tax reference number.
The BCP Direct Payments Advice Service is a support service for individuals who are living independently within the community. We are not the person you will work for. You will work for the individual or family we are supporting.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the community and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to complete the appropriate level of Disclosure & Barring Service Check.
For more information or to discuss the role further, please contact 01202 123961.
GET JOB ALERTS
Enter your email address to receive job updates similar to this role
Reference: Post Ref: DPLMNJ
Closing Date: 2022-06-10