Posted: 1 week ago
The Birchwood Practice
22 hours per week – across Monday-Wednesday
PRACTICE NURSE VACANCY
Closing date: 23rd June 2021
Interview Date: 30th June 2021
Salary: Dependent on Experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, self-motivated Practice Nurse to join our friendly multidisciplinary team.
The post will initially be to cover maternity leave on a fixed-term contract with the potential of becoming permanent as we look to expand our nursing clinics.
POST - 22 hours per week – across Monday-Wednesday
Previous experience within a GP practice would be preferable however full training will be provided for the right candidates. We are looking for the right people to join our team!
We are a friendly and innovative practice who work closely as a team to deliver high standards of patient care for approximately 9,800 patients.
You will be joining a team of 2 Advanced Nurse Practitioners, 3 experienced Practice Nurses and 1 Health Care Assistant, providing a whole range of practice nursing duties. You will be providing cover for the practice nurse on maternity leave and will be working alongside the others in a well- supported team to deliver a whole range of practice nursing duties.
Duties will include aspects of care, which include long term conditions, childhood immunisations, cytology, Travel vaccinations, women’s health and treatment room duties and will be responsible for the assessment, planning and delivery of patient care.
• To provide excellent patient care
• Treatment room, skills including Chronic disease management, immunisation, Screening and Health promotion
• Participate in setting standards for care and auditing clinical outcomes.
• Promote & participate in maintaining a safe comfortable & therapeutic environment.
• Participate in developing strategies and implementing health promotion programmes for clients and carers and facilitate screening clinics
• Take responsibility for the safe storage and administration of drugs and equipment
• Participate in setting and monitoring standards to ensure effective care ensuring delivery of evidence-based practice.
• Provide information, advice and support to patients face to face and via the telephone.
• Involved in team discussions to ensure “best practice”
• Be A Registered General Nurse with the Nursing Midwifery Council
• Able to demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development
• Able to work in a changing environment and implement change when applicable to provide high-quality health care
• Be able to demonstrate critical thinking and decision-making skills clinically.
• Be Aware of local and national health policy.
• Must have PC skills, (we use SystmOne) ideally will be able to use basic word, excel and email
• Highly motivated and flexible.
• Primary Care experience is desirable but not essential
• To be currently registered with the NMC
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• NHS Pension – Five weeks holiday
How to apply
You can apply for this position by forwarding your CV with a covering letter confirming the post you are applying for to:- email@example.com or by post Liz May, Assistant Practice Manager, Birchwood Medical Centre, Northmead Drive, Creekmoor, Poole, Dorset, BH17 7XW
The successful candidate will be subject to the enhanced disclosure and barring checks
Reference: Practice Nurse - The Birchwood Practice
Closing Date: 23/06/2021
Interview Date: 30/06/2021