Posted: 2 weeks ago
Full time, 37 hours per week
Main Purpose of the Position
Working under indirect supervision, as part of the Castleman Healthcare team, the post holder will have responsibility for delivering health care to patients within our 3 Primary Care Networks (Crane Valley Network, Poole North Network and Wimborne & Ferndown Network) and working as part of a HCA team to ensure consistency in care.
You will participate in inter-professional working, supporting the Diabetic and Respiratory Nurse Specialists in the care of patients with long term conditions.
The individual post holder must:
- Be able to work across all three Primary Care Networks to deliver an integrated primary care service with a focus on long term conditions.
- Work flexibly to meet the needs of the role as the services develop.
- Communicate effectively across the Primary Care Network/s and offer support to practices with routine HCA duties i.e phlebotomy.
- Own transport is essential.
- Main responsibilities
In the course of the HCA’s duties you will also be required to perform:
- Urinalysis and other microbiological specimens
- BP measurements
- Recording of ECGs (as per protocol)
- Dressings (desired but not essential)
- Influenza and pneumonia vaccination
- Offer rapid access smoke stop clinics, training to be a Smoke Stop Advisor
- Perform diabetic annual review checks to include blood tests, foot checks, and blood pressure within GP surgeries and home visits
- Offer long term condition lifestyle advice/support and education as required. This will include in future spirometry and oxygen assessments as and when primary care resumes this support and in line with any service delivery requirements.
- Where required, additional training and upskilling will be provided to support these duties.
- The role involves the use of the computer and keyboard skills along with the ability to organise and prioritise a varied workload as essential. Experience of using Systm1 would be an advantage.
- The HCA will be required to act in a professional manner at all times and adhere to all policies, protocols and guidelines.
- The ability to be flexible and adapt to a changing working environment is required as this post will include the need to work in GP practices as well as the community setting.
No statutory nursing qualifications necessary, but NVQ Level 3 in Care would be advantageous. Previous HCA experience is desirable and working in a GP practice/community setting would be of benefit. Training will be offered as appropriate.
Mentorship will be provided by the Castleman Healthcare Diabetic and Respiratory Nurse Specialists. Professional development will be encouraged, it is essential that the post holder is willing to undertake training required for this role. It is the individual’s responsibility to remain up to date with current developments and work within the boundaries of their position.
It will be necessary to attend the Primary Care Network meetings, MDTs, Protected Learning events or mandatory training as requested.
In the discharge of your duties you may often be in possession of confidential/personal information. You must not disclose or discuss such information outside your place of work except in the proper discharge of your duties. Failure to observe confidentiality may result in disciplinary action.
Under the provision of the above Act, it is the responsibility of each member of staff to ensure that all computerised personal information relating to patients and other members of staff to which he/she has access in the course of employment, is regarded strictly confidential. Failure to adhere to this instruction will be regarded as serious misconduct and lead to disciplinary action.
To apply please do so by providing your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 9th November
Reference: Primary Care Network Healthcare Assistant
Closing Date: 09/11/2020