NHS Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
Under the website: https://www.joinourdorset.nhs.uk
The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information through the business and while you browse or use this website. If you do not agree to the following policy you may wish to cease viewing / using this website, and or refrain from submitting your personal data to us.
Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to NHS Dorset CCG on behalf on the Our Dorset Partnership which includes NHS Dorset CCG, Dorset Healthcare University NHS Foundation Trust, Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Dorset County NHS Foundation Trust, Bournemouth Poole and Christchurch Council and Dorset Council.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Regulation.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful basis.
Lawful basis: Consent
Where our purpose for processing is: Tracking and recording information regarding traffic to our website and the audience demographic.
We process your information in the following ways: Automatic collection of anonymous data via
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
We are registered with the ICO under the Data Protection Register, our registration number is: Z3608704.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are:
Cookie: Google Analytics
Name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, GAPS, LSID, LSOSID, OTZ
Purpose: These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site, which we use to help improve it. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. These cookies may also be identified as originating from dorsetccg.nhs.uk More information about Google cookies.
We want to provide interesting and engaging content on our website. On a number of pages, we use ‘plug ins’ or embedded media. For example, we embed YouTube videos in many pages. We also provide links to share content with popular social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
The suppliers of these services may also set cookies on your device when you visit the pages where we have used this type of content. These are known as ‘third-party’ cookies. Third party cookies are delivered on behalf of their respective organisations and as such they may change their name and purpose from the cookies identified below, this is beyond the control of NHS Dorset Clinical Commissioning Group.
Name: PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, use_hitbox
Purpose: To track visitor views, and to remember user preferences when viewing YouTube videos embedded in our website web pages. More information about YouTube cookies.
Name: guest_id, remember_checked, remember_checked_on, secure_sessions, twll
Purpose: To track visitor information and for security authentication. More information about Twitter cookies.
Name: csrftoken, L1e, visit, PHPSESSID
Purpose: To track visitor information and for security authentication. More information about LinkedIn cookies.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003